Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Classic Stars Remember Elizabeth Taylor


"It was a long productive career and she was the most glamorous and sexual star of our generation.  No one else could equal Elizabeth’s beauty and sexuality.  Women liked her and men adored her and her love for her children is enduring.  She was a symbol of stardom.  Her legacy will last."
- Debbie Reynolds

"How very sad for us all. She was a marker of our time, my time. It seems like yesterday that I taught a beautiful 14-year-old Elizabeth how to swim at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel, more beautiful, more voluptuous than Miss America. I will miss her."
-Esther Williams

Liz was a dear friend. Thoughtful... generous... and forever beautiful. She was a great legendary lady of Hollywood and she will be mourned worldwide. My heartfelt prayers and thoughts are with her family." -Julie Andrews 

"She was a true star, because she not only had beauty and notoriety; Elizabeth Taylor had talent. As a friend she was always, always there for me. I'll miss her for the rest of my life, but I was so lucky to have known her." 
- Liza Minnelli

"It's the end of an era.  It wasn't just her beauty or her stardom.  It was her humanitarianism.  She put a face on HIV/AIDS.  She was funny.  She was generous. She made her life count." 
- Barbra Streisand

"Elizabeth and I began our careers about the same time at MGM. Throughout her tumultuous life, she will be remembered for some unique and memorable work. And she will be ever remembered and appreciated for her forthright support of AMFAR."
-Angela Lansbury
 
"Our loss in the motion picture business with Elizabeth Taylor's passing is momentous. She was a lady who gave of herself to everyone. I know I consider it a great personal loss."
-Mickey Rooney

No comments:

Post a Comment